Life just gives you time & space; it's up to you to fill it.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fast Fast

Today I successfully completed my Lemon Detox Diet after 5 days of lemon juice and herbal syrup. My initial plan was to do it for 7 – 10 days, but somewhere in between I had to fight with my rogue mind to even prolong it as far as 5 days. I used to wonder how people did fasting for 40 days during Ramzan or other Indian festivals, now I sort of have an idea, but I don’t think I would be able to do it again in the near future.

I have realised so much about myself in the past week. I have realised how important food is for my tongue and not for my body. The bloody 2.5 inch thing demands much more than what it deserves. Sometimes I wish that I had lost my tastebuds, at least that way I could control the amount I would eat! The concept put into our heads of not eating solid food would make us weak or unhealthy is so wrong. Today is my sixth day without any solid food and I feel just as strong as and in fact healthier than ever. The diet promised glowing skin and hair, which I didn’t notice on myself maybe because there was no more to glow than the oil on my face ;-)

A week of no worries as to what groceries to buy, what to cook and how it tasted... That gave us so much time to do other stuff that it was unbelievable to even think of the amount of time we would otherwise spend on a plateful of food. And, the aftermath of cleaning up the place as though nothing had ever happened in the kitchen. Phew, so much for the tiny little tongue and the fistful of stomach.

The diet must be ended with 2 days of natural food, so today is going to be all fresh fruit juices and tomorrow raw / boiled vegetables. To a normal me, that would sound ridiculous, but after the fasting anything other than the syrup sounds heavenly to me. I have had cravings of all sorts of food in the past few days. The diet claimed that after doing it, people normally develop an aversion towards fast food and other junk, but I don’t seem to have had any such effect. In fact, I was even wondering if there would be something like a Pizza Detox Diet, I would be the first one to try that!!!

For those brave ones, who would like to cleanse their inner self and take a control over their tongue, this is the link to the path of well being - http://www.lemondetox.com/

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Ramadan fasting is unique...we used to do it....get up @ 4:00am and hogg and fast for 12 hours and @ 6:00pm another feast..hence I dont think its really hard...but the hard part in it is being without a drop of water, not even swallowing ur own saliva...now thats tough.....

    Actually u r glowing, u just dont see it that way :-)

    By Blogger Babs, at 6/05/2007 12:53 PM  

  • {blush}Thanks{/blush}
    After reading your comment "not even swallowing ur own saliva", I must have swallowed it 3 times, although otherwise I would never remember even if I did it :-)

    By Blogger Ace of Space, at 6/05/2007 1:10 PM  

  • Hey, this detox diet is just super cool and helps weight loss as well.

    I was on a 45 day juice diet, only fresh juices of all sorts about 4 to 5 times a day, no solid food at all.

    I lost 14 kilos. But it's not true that your skin glows and hair grows.

    For about a month after that I started losing hair like mad, my hair texture is very healthy and I have very dense hair, but after the diet I was just losing loads of hair whenever I ran my hand through my head even to oil it.

    So I went to the doc, and got a pill called essvit - a 3 month course, I only did it for 2 weeks,a nd it's much better now.

    and the fact that you lose your craving after 45 days, might be true, but I didn't, infact, I broke my diet with 1 day of fruits and the very next day, I had idiyappam and chicken, and my entire insides started burning, I couldn't even take a pinch of salt and spice...It took me almost a week to get back to eating normal food.

    Now, I'v gained like 2 kilos, thinking of doing the juice diet again or maybe just a fruit diet for a 45 day period.

    Note: When I went to the doc for the hair pill, she strongly adviced against any such juice diet, or ketogenic diet etc. She's says it's against nature and is just not good for your body in the longer run !

    By Blogger O Relly, at 8/28/2007 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home